Monday, April 25, 2011

Rained out...again.

My instructor just called to cancel todays flight. We had planned to just fly in the pattern around Pearson Field if the weather was poor, as long as conditions remained within VFR (cloud deck at 2000 feet AGL and visibility greater than 2 statute miles). No such luck today, visibility is down to 4 statute miles and falling this morning, and the winds will be picking up significantly by the time the visibility improves.

I was looking forward to making a whole lot of touch and go landings. I'm approximately halfway to my first solo attempt and I want to practice landing more than anything else. If I can get the weather to cooperate and get the hours in, I hope to solo by my birthday at the end of June. Between now and then we will practice landings and soon will go through some emergency procedures. Then, with a passed FAA medical examination in hand I will get a check ride from the head instructor at the field and they will determine if I'm ready to solo. If they say OK then...I'm flying and landing all by my lonesome...it does make me a bit nervous to think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment