Saturday, January 8, 2011

A flying goal update...

On May 24th of this year, I have the opportunity to give a 30 minute presentation about the organization that I work for. Unfortunately, it's all the way out in the city of Pasco, WA. a 281 mile drive from Vancouver or a 4.5 hours drive each way. Can you see where this is going?

I talked to my instructor and inquired if it was feasible for me to perform a solo cross-country flight to the Tri-Cities Regional Airport within that time frame. Turns out that the school has an approved list of destinations for cross-country excursions and Pasco is not on that list. There is some difficult terrain between Vancouver and Pasco and it is complicated by being, well...complicated. There are eight runways in a cross configuration and a passenger terminal.

However, Theresa did think it would be a great idea for a dual-received cross-country flight. The flight time is around 2 hours each way. This ought to be pretty cool. Fly in, tell my professional peers how awesome Empower Up is, buy my instructor lunch and then fly on home in time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment